Monday, May 19, 2008

Mmmmmmmm...

Oh. My. Goodness.

Before I left Oregon yesterday, Beth pressed into my hands a bag full of hand-selected chocolate nummies for my birthday. Previously in the weekend, I had the joy of savoring my first, v-e-r-y long-awaited taste of a Vosges Mo's Bacon Bar. Thank you, Chris, for sharing. I can't say I would have been that generous...it's too yummy!

So, there was no Bacon Bar in my bag, since I had tasted that, but many other splendiforous things.

I laid out all the chocolate beauties on the table when I got home last night. I just love even
looking at them. I had opened the Dagoba lavender bar on the flight home and ate two pieces with a glass of merlot. Made the plane flight much less painful. This morning, I looked at the spread on the table and asked who wanted to come to work with me today. Fran's Gray Salt Caramels peeped right up, though they also argued that they would be happy to stay home and be eaten in the comfort and joy of my living room in the evening. We (me and the box of three perfect caramels) finally decided that they would come with me to perk up the work day.

Oh. My. Goodness.

So, so delicious. The buttery caramel just literally melts in your mouth, and the salt is perfect and crunchy, and...oh, I am a happy girl.

I ate one and saved the other two. They came home with me, but since I stopped at the gym with some friends first, they came in my purse to the gym. They certainly were not going to sit out in my hot car. It gives me shivers just thinking about it.

Still awaiting my dates with my Vosges Naga Bar, Green & Black's Bittersweet Ginger, and BruCo Dark Chocolate Orange Cinnamon.

I actually just gave in tonight. I tasted the Naga Bar. Not only is it gorgeous to eat, it leaves a hint of curry and coconut as you keep breathing for minutes after, like you can still smell it. I love it!

I have always loved chocolate. Can you move from love to obsession? If so, I have Beth to thank. Thanks, Honey! A perfect way to stretch out my birthday!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh Kath, I know the wondrous delight to that which you speak. Beth turned me onto the dagoba lavender bar and I now give it to clients as a little 'thank you' gift - they say they'd never have bought it for themselves, but LOVED it! De-lish.
And the salt caramels - HEAVENLY. Beth also blessed me with lots of yummy chocolate on my bday (or was it Christmas? Christmas was a blur this year and my bday falls shortly thereafter.. no matter.) I savored those little caramels - I think I stretched a full week's glory out of them. She gave me the bacon bar at that time as well... I was afraid to try it at first..but after the first bite, I was hooked! I also savored that one, taking little bites at a time for about two weeks. The sweet & salty is my favorite combo, especially when the 'sweet' is chocolate!
The great thing was, I was so completely frazzled and stretched to the max in stress at the time, I could savor the yumminess and still lost weight, which, in and of itself, is another gift : I could eat all the glorious chocolate I wanted and not have to pay for it on the scale later! Woo woo!!

Enjoy, my friend, enjoy. :)

Both Fex said...

It's the caramels that are like crack. I'm sorry it took me so long to get them to you, but now you can understand why I kept eating the boxes I meant to send to you. I am glad though to know that you love 'em as much as I do. I have never had the chocolate orange and cinnamon bar. You'll have to review it for me.

Thanks again for coming to see me. You make my heart happy.

Corrina said...

A new branch of psychology.... Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, sub branch-chocolate

Kathie said...

sub-branch DELICIOUS, you mean!

Oh, oh, so happy...

Risa said...

Do you know how many times Beth bought you those blasted caramels and then the Fox clan ate them before they were sent?! :o)

The dark chocolate orange and cinnamon bar sounds splendiferous, but alas I have never tried it. Please keep me posted so that I be a chocolate voyeur. Mmmmmm....

Both Fex said...

What d'ya mean "clan ate them"? Please! Like I share? It's nice of you friend Lisa, to try a spread out the blame, alas the caramel chewy goodness mixed with the crunch of the salt and the smooth chocolate was too much for me to resist. And now Kathie understands why.

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

Alas, I sit in Germany. And amazingly enough - what do I crave?
Reese's Peanut Butter cups.
HA!
such a hoot. Greatest chocolate in the world and sometimes I just want a Reese's!
Now you tell me -- what kinda' sick is that??????