Friday, November 13, 2009

Notes on A Week

Sucked:
Being sick this week and being here alone. I was the kind of sick where you can't leave the house 'cause you can't be far away from a particular porcelain-kinda room in the house.

There were hardly any groceries here and what was here was healthy and full of fiber and not going to help my body be any further away from that particular room. My sister-in-law wisely convinced me not to spend $10 on a delivery service to bring me white bread and bananas and applesauce, but to call a friend to rescue me. Hallelujah for Barb and Paul who came with two bags of groceries and in matching surgical masks :)

And, yes, for those of you who I told not to tell my mom I was sick, I realize I just posted it. You know very well that I can only keep my yap shut for a bit.

Rocked:
Being here tonight and seeing a commercial for Dark Chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Being suddenly intrigued, I pondered actually getting in the car and going to get a package, but it seemed a little silly. Silly and slightly irresponsible, considering my gastric system has only begun to return to reasonable functioning less than 24 hours ago.

I pondered for about 40 minutes, then thought, "This would be the fun kinda thing to run out and do if someone were here with me." Two seconds later, I asked Jesus if he wanted to go get some Reese's. A little giggle later, I realized he thought a decaf Americano from Starbucks would also be super. Also slightly irresponsible on a newly restored tummy, I thought, but common sense is highly overrated. So off we went into the cold and dark outside.

Guess what it was doing in the cold and dark in the shine of my headlights and the glow of the streetlights? SNOWING! Itty, bitty, pretty flakes! I started to laugh and cry and thank him all at once. It was like he brought me out to see snow that he had made just for me. Fun to drive in, fun to get chocolate in, fun to fetch a cup of coffee in...just for me and him. Little snowy smooches falling from the sky.

Thanks, Jesus :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gave a pesentation at church a few Sundays ago where I told them that when it rains you could find me touching the drops that softly hit the windshield. God makes the rain to fall on the bad and the good. That tells me it comes directly from His hand... so this is as close to Him as I can get in this life. So keeping chasing snowflakes.

Pop

Anonymous said...

Mom knows...............

Linda said...

I can hear you giggle and hope it is a healthy giggle, now. Thank you Paul and Barb for caring for Kathie!

Crystal said...

Goosebumps. I miss that sweet season of my life when Jesus and I were spontaneous just like that, I'm serious. He was my boyfriend (I realize when I write that other people are going to think I'm slightly odd, but it's for your benefit only. So you know I truly celebrate these moments with empathy;). I'm falling in love with Jesus all over again in a new way right now (so much changes when you get married b/c a few of those needs are now met by someone with skin on).

Keep writing!

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

ahhhhh! moments with only Him...and maybe Ebenezer :-)