Monday, January 17, 2011

Well, Merry Christmas! See ya back in Heaven!

One of the friends that it’s a hoot for me to post about but who is a bit shier than I am (read: has boundaries of appropriateness) has agreed to have a code name based on my post about aqua zumba; she’s the one who forgot her towel once and grabbed a blanket from her car instead.

Now, she’s Blanket Girl. And until she stops being an introvert, I’ll try to use her code name :)

Blanket Girl’s Christmas was different than mine. As we discussed all my goodies and what we were going to do with the P.F. Chang’s gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket and with that Disneyland Premium Annual Pass in my wallet and the iTunes gift card that was already uploaded into my account, she couldn’t contain herself anymore.

“Good grief! You are SO spoiled! Do you know what I opened on Christmas Day?”

“What? A belt? Bike clips? Deodorant? Toothpaste? Don’t act like you didn’t ask for all of those things. I know you did. Can we talk about why you want deodorant for Christmas?”

“You can always use deodorant and toothpaste. You can’t ever have too much. And, no, I didn’t get those things.”

“Then, what?”

“Sympathy cards. A box of them.”

“What the … ?”

She wasn't kidding. Mailed to her from family in another state (mind you, someone PAID to mail these to her), on Christmas Day she pulled from a merry box some angel accoutrement, and then, the capper …

IMG_0295

Merry Christmas! Hope you get to use all twelve of these up this year and then we can send you another box with the new designs!

No matter how weird your Christmas was, you probably can’t lay claim to this level of crazy or “Whoops, didn’t read the box” scenario.

I think I’ll keep my homemade quilts, thanks :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow... just wow... Hopefully it was a mistake of theme, but still... here is stationary and only stationary for Christmas. Now I'm sad. Let's see... need a positive... hmmm... at least now if something sad does occur, she won't have to go through the struggle of having to go purchase a card???

Risa said...

That may officially be the Best Bad Gift Ever.

Wendy said...

Oh. my. word. I am laughing so hard I am tearing up while also feeling like really crying a little bit.

Chris Skaggs said...

I'm sorry but this post was lost on me the moment Kathie said "burning a whole in my pocket". After that I could care less what the rest of the post was about. ;)