Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hello, Darlings

I miss you all. And now that the Olympics are over, I can ponder re-entering the real world of work and friends and thoughts and dreams. But not the kind of dreams that get you knocked of the balance beam and into deep depression and no gold medal. Just normal dreams.

It's been a strange year thus far, trying to determine in some ways who I want to be and what I want to do. And the things out of those two groups that might actually be possible.

I have discovered that I wrestle regularly with feeling alone, but wanting to cocoon up into myself frequently, too. I want to learn how to swim those two parts of me.

And I am learning to talk with my God differently. We live here in this house together. I would like to live here well and learn what that really means.

I have avoided blogging because I have had too much to say in some cases, but a felt need to be quiet and limit my contact with the world, too. I haven't known what to do with that.

Just dive in again, I guess. Bits and pieces--it doesn't all need to be beautiful and fluent.

But God did say to put it out here. So back to diligence, I pray.

1 comment:

sally said...

it's nice to have you back
thanks for the recent posts

sally