Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Olympic Inactivity

I am so sore this week. Know why? I watched the Olympics for 17 days straight. Plus two plane flights in there so I could watch in both Idaho and California.

Lots of snacks + lots of couch-sitting + watching other people be very active = very achy body

The chiropractor is so not going to be impressed.

I am helping a friend move on Friday night. I hope to avoid a repeat of my last "helpin' a friend move" experience, but we'll see! What if my ego just takes over again?

Oh, oh, oh...I never finished my review of the chocolates Beth gave me! As Poncho (the "N" nephew) would say, "Well, Aunt Kathie, let me tell you something..."

The Green & Black's Bittersweet Ginger is nice, but I don't know how I feel about ginger and chocolate together. Ginger in Thai food, cookies, yes. This bar wasn't bad, but I think I just really dug the others. The BruCo Dark Chocolate Orange Cinnamon was a nice idea, but was quite waxy, pilly--NOT how lovely chocolate should be.

That Vosges Naga Bar, on the other hand, wound up being my total favorite. Interesting things happened with it. I gave some to my British boss, who loves curry. He was polite, but you could tell he found the curry/coconut/chocolate thing a bit odd. Then I gave some to a coworker, a guy in his early twenties who I adore, but who I was sure would not have an appreciative palate for much beyond what most teens and twenties guys eat--you know, Coke, burgers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I offered him a piece mostly because he was in the same room with me and it just felt rude not to. He took a piece, popped it in his mouth and dropped his head back to his laptop screen. About three seconds later, he lifted his head up and looked at me across the table, eyes wide. "What is that? That's AWESOME!"

And for me? I have to tell you, when I got to the end of the bar, I actually started to have a full-fledged, adrenaline-laden anxiety attack. I started banging on Google looking for anywhere in Idaho that sells Vosges. It's the closest thing I have ever experienced to what I imagine it's like to run out of crack. There is nowhere in this silly state to buy that chocolate! I started checking locations in California..."Ooo...Paul and Cindy live close to a place...maybe if I call them...ah...Vegas! Yeah! The Shops at The Forum! When can I get there?"

I love Idaho. But it is missing Trader Joe's, Nordstrom, In 'n' Out, and Vosges Haut Chocolate. I need to really check out who I am voting for this year. Who can fix this?

3 comments:

orneryswife said...

Wow! That is a sewious addiction! Check out the chocosphere online. They have the biggest selection of chocolate anywhere, and they ship to you. We have done business with them in the past. Well worth checking out. You might even be able to set up a recurring monthly delivery program! :-)
tm

Risa said...

Clearly you just need to come to Oregon for a visit and stock up on hugs and Vosges... :o)

Both Fex said...

Man, sorry the orange cinnamon chocolate bar sucked. That bites (heh, punny), BUT when I bought it and was checking out it wasn't ringing up and I jokingly said to the cashier, "hmmm, that must mean it's free." The cashier shrugged and said, "sure". HA! I've never had that work before. So so much for that. Free chocolate should be the best kind of chocolate, but apparently that's a lie.

But I second Lisa, come to Oregon and we will supply you with Vosges. Or maybe I just need to dump one in the mail. I promise I will pay the full amount for it to insure that it arrives as tasty as can be.