Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cake and Ice Cream

All in one day. But not in my mouth.

I was asked to cut a chocolate cake and serve nine pieces during an office celebration yesterday. I made sure to flaunt my blue frosting fingers (which would normally be my blue frosting tongue) to Becky on the other side of the table and let her see me wipe the frosting on a napkin. Props to me.

Then I went to dinner at the home of my Idaho Nancy and her honey, and for them and two other friends at the table I scooped four bowls of ice cream. French vanilla and coffee almond fudge. And I passed them the hot fudge when they asked. I did take a deep whiff as it went by.

Again, I used the napkin. My doctor better be WAY proud of me when the time comes to report in.

I have been telling people that at least I have finally learned to work with my weaknesses. What am I? A people pleaser. So, to kick start some change, if I have an official monitor, someone I look up to and trust, I'll behave because I want them to be proud of me.

Maybe he'll be so proud he'll give me a Marie Callender's strawberry pie. 'Tis the season, you know.

There's no dairy at the moment, too. I only made one flub when Becky gave me gorgeous homemade lasagna that I had begged her for, fogetting that cheese hides in lasagna. Oh, well. I saved the rest in the freezer for some future delicious rendevouz :)

Oh, and to answer, "Why am I doing this?" Because I went to the doctor and said, "I'm 39 and 9 days old, and I have been on a birthday eating binge for over month, and I woke up this morning and parts of me are bumping into other parts of me that shouldn't be touching. I now give you full leave to talk to me about what I put in my mouth."

So, a nutritional analysis followed, and some baby steps until we meet again. In the words of Bob Wiley, "Baby step away from the Peeps..."

8 comments:

Becky Lee said...

I'm PROUD of you Kathie!

Kathie said...

Aw, that makes me double happy, Becky, since I also posted because you pointed out there wasn't anything NEW in here when you came earlier this week ;)

Becky Lee said...

So glad we can communicate via your blog, via face book, via phone, via email and even...via in person. See you at lunch today. (a nice healthy caffeine-free; candy-free; dairy-free lunch)

Joanna said...

You go girl! Keep up the good work!

orneryswife said...

What devotion. I am really proud of you, too!
tm

Crystal Keilers, that's me. said...

Wow, you're more of a woman than me.

And yeah, I'm a people pleaser too. I think it's a rather large club.

razwold said...

Hey, good for you! my roommate's doing an 'elimination' diet, which is worse, but I hear it gets easier and easier, and heck you even start to feel better!:)

Both Fex said...

Man, I miss you.