Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Oh, For a Muse of Fire...

Or, mostly, just for time and brain energy enough to type something new in here :)

I arrived home Saturday evening from Kenya and have been in a zoom of house cleaning and work and mail sorting and meeting planning...and, yes, sleep. I think the funniest thing about jet lag is that one minute you are zooming along like everything is fine and you are wide awake, then...CRASH! There's no warning. You are just slam-down-on-your-face tired.

I took Sunday to really try to rest (though I actually wound up cleaning the apartment and putting away some of the stuff from Christmas that I didn't get to since I left for Kenya so quickly after I got home from California, because, of course, I came home to a note from the property management company to say that inspectors would be in the next day for a sale inspection, so why bother to make a mess and actually unpack my suitcases--what a pain!). I told Liann that it would have been nice to have some candles lit while I was home to make the place smell good--but when I am jet-lagged, I am afraid I won't remember to blow them out!

Kenya was amazing on many levels. As always, it was hard to leave because wonderful friendships develop with people. How terrific it is to belong to Christ so that we do not truly say goodbye, but rather, "until later." It's a wonderful consolation.

And I am completely off pineapple or mango in the States now. I have tasted the real thing--fruit actually ripened as it was meant to be, not colored up to sit on a store shelf or be sucked from a can. Yes, you may now address me as Pineapple Mango Snob Girl.

And for Beth--I want you to know that I am as completely capable now of stripping goat bones the way do I chicken bones--you hardly know it's happening ;) Yeah, baby!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Sounds great PMSG.

(That's short for Pineapple Mango Snob Girl. Which is way too long).

Kathie said...

That's funny. PMSG sounds like I am either:
PMS Girl (obvious trouble)

or

Please, MSG (like I want it added to my orange chicken)

Either way, I sound like I need medical attention :)

Devin Parker said...

Now I want to make a Japanese manga-style comic about you called "Pineapple Mango Snob Girl." I couldn't have made up a better title.

Welcome back!