Thursday, November 13, 2008

Idaho Slussers on the Same Wavelength

This was just cute and made me laugh at 7:20 AM. Anything that does that is worth posting.

Our local Christian radio station is doing their yearly Sharathon. Today is the last day for it, and they were doing a fund-matching thing, so I called in with my annual contribution. I hang up and turn the radio back on. A song ends, the announcers come on, and one starts reading names and thanking people who have just called in to donate since the last song.

"Thanks to Mark and Karla from Eagle for being half-day sponsors. Thanks to Kathie from Boise for her gift..."

I start cracking up and grab the phone, calling Mark and Karla from Eagle. You see, Mark and Karla are the Boise Slussers who "adopted" me when they heard I was moving here with MAF (I was introduced to them via the Tizekker family). They are ministry supporters of mine, and dear, dear friends. Karla introduces me to people as her daughter; Mark introduces me as his sister (he says he's not old enough to be my father :)

When Karla answered the phone and I told her I knew she was awake because I had just heard our names right in a row on the radio, she started laughing, "I didn't know the 'Kathie from Boise' was you! That's great!" Apparently we hit "The Slusser 10-Minute Pledge Window" out of all three days!

No comments: