Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday, Monday: The Sequel

Finally, the finish. I know you have just been waiting...

The surprise blessing in Monday #1: Turns out that I never would have known it was the exact day between my colleague's two meetings and that my Monday evening was going to be the Tuesday morning before the presentation to all the pastors if I had not called when I did on my Monday morning (got all that?). What it means is...

when I called that night, after fretting all day, I was able to pray for him on the phone before he started a really big day. To thank God for him, for his family, their sacrifices, the work God has done through them (which is terrific), and that the Spirit would work through him during his presentation. I found out later how touched he was by my "out of the blue" call to pray for him.

That call was so only a God thing. I never would have called Southeast Asia that day if I had not gotten that crazy, frustrating call in the morning.

The surprise blessing in Monday #2: Well, um, I don't actually know. Turns out many people thoroughly enjoyed our chapel speaker that morning, and I gave people plenty to chuckle about for the rest of the day--bonus. The weirdness of that Monday is the friend who told me, after reading the blog, "You know, I just kinda had a feeling that something like that was going to happen to you that morning." New rule--speak up, people! If you got foreboding hanging around, let a girl know!

Oh...I also learned that this is why you always make sure you stay friends with the base operations guys, so they can pull your chestnuts out of the fire when you surprise them with things you should have told them a week before. It's why you let them eat all the chocolate out of the candy dish on your desk whenever they drop by. And when necessary, pay them off later with Hostess Fruit Pies and Monster Energy Drinks :)


(Okay...I gotta confess my secret shame on here...'cause it's on TV while I type...I hardly ever watch it, but when I catch a moment of it, My Name is Earl makes me laugh every time. Every time. It's like a test now when I catch a few minutes...will I laugh? Yup. Humiliating, but true. Please, someone else confess a secret shame [not too secret...this is for public consumption, people] in a tiny font so I don't feel so badly!)

1 comment:

orneryswife said...

I feel like I am in the twilight zone this morning. Three blogs I read have changed their backgrounds over night, and I am so confused! Not exactly a secret shame, just sayin'!

Hope you are having a good week!
tm