Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Days of Turkey and Mickey

Hope everybody had a terrific Thanksgiving. The Slussers certainly did--we were thoroughly Disney saturated from Thursday afternoon until Saturday evening, and it was awesome. Everything was so cool, but to top it all off we had the perfect hotel room that faced the fireworks. There's nothing better than sitting on your bed in your jammies and drinking a latte while you watch amazing fireworks!

The day before Thanksgiving, I had the yummiest turkey I have ever tasted at Michael and Joanna's. It was an Alton Brown evening, with his turkey recipe, cranberry dipping sauce, and mac and cheese. I wanted to eat until I passed out.

On the spiritual side, here's a link to a very cool sermon. It's by Major Ian Thomas. He's a Brit, and he can be a bit of a yeller at times, and it's from many years ago, but I think it's a terrific message and I really appreciate his delivery and passion. It's almost an hour long, so download it, and give yourself some cool time to listen if you are so inclined. Well worth it.

A Grain of Wheat

I was sobbing by the end, alone in a Chicago apartment, tears something akin to what Marilyn described on her Saturday post. I am a stubborn, tough grain of wheat. Praise Jesus for His patience.

No comments: