Thursday, April 24, 2008

Grass and Brews and Snores

My stars, you people are good to me. Thanks for all the prayer and encouragement and comments and phone calls (even Michael, big lug, who made me sob like a really loud baby). I actually hung back on posting anew for a bit because I really wanted to take the comments and phone calls to heart. And just sit and listen. And hide away from the computer for a bit. Didn't even turn it on last weekend, when I had planned to post. But Beth said that was okay...well, good, actually...when I talked to her this week, so if you have issues, you know with whom to take it up :)

Longer post coming, but short version, especially since I really heard about it from my parents this weekend, is that my heart and soul are doing better and some good light is breaking through. So, again, I thank you for your encouragement and prayers.

And then I found out this morning that I won (I prefer "was just outright blessed by") the Bloggy Giveaway over at Thoughts from Miller Manor, and I suddenly had a wonderful story to tell today about sweet God "coincidences". I even emailed my thanks to Ornery's Wife and told her I would be posting about it tonight...

But, then Mom and Dad and I went to the Ram Brewery for dinner. And I had a nice, big Total Disorder Porter after a very full day, including me banging a lovely new hole in one of my walls when I tried to get a screw anchor to lay flush for something I was hanging. Ugh.

So, Dad, after mowing and edging and weeding my lawns, rescuing my wall, and enjoying a well-deserved Big Horn Taster Curl of 7 different brews at the Ram, is zonked and snoring on the couch. Mom and I are going to hold our heads up long enough to play a hand or two of gin rummy. And then get to bed so we can get to church in the morning before they fly home. And I will post a very cool story tomorrow. In the meantime, thank you Mrs. Ornery, and gratitude for love and patience to one and all.

No comments: