Monday, February 02, 2009

Like a Kid in a Candy Store

Who else looks this ridiculously happy and dopey as they snowblow?


Becky kept saying I was doing her a favor by snowblowing the driveway at her family's cabin in Cascade so we could have 16 very fun gals spend a hoot of a weekend together. Whatever. Doesn't she know that snowblowing ROCKS?!

We went up early on Friday ahead of the rest of the bunch to prep the house and get all set for a time of jigsaw puzzles, reading, eating, the McCall Winter Carnival, Mexican Train dominoes (YEAH!), Gold Fork Hot Springs, more eating, napping, sudoku, a surprise birthday event, laughter, listening, tears, sharing, encouragement, and prayer. Becky is an exceptional hostess and so very generous with her time and talents and gifts. Thank you, girl!

What we didn't have to prep was the view from the cabin. Wowee.


In a non-snacking moment...


In our true realities...


Last year, Becky's mom provided warm fuzzy socks for all the gals who went up (She's never even met most of us--why is she so nice?). It was so kind, and we took a picture of our socked-feet. This year, she sent pairs of both stretch and suede gloves for all the ladies to help them stay cozy. Here's our jazz hands shot...


A ball was had by one and all. Especially the gals who made it to the Hot Springs. There's naturally-occurring lithium in the water. I was apparently so at ease when I got back to the cabin that the moment I walked upstairs, before I even said one word, three people said, "Wow, you look WAY relaxed!"

I said, "What, is my face all slack or something?"

"Um, actually...yeah."

Also, I was enthusiastically informed over the weekend that even if I get married one day, people are still going to call me Sluss. And then I will have to explain myself. And that's just too bad. So there.

Cool :)

No comments: