Monday, April 27, 2009

Wild Kingdom in My Yard

Lilac loveliness coming into beautiful bloom...



This happy little circular abode nestled between my rectangular porch lights...



Contains three little robin egg blue ovals...



Being guarded by one round bird with a plenty pointy beak.

(Pretend like my window is much cleaner than it appears! Pay no attention to the dirt behind the glass!)


Oh, and the hottest, busiest snack bar in town? My flowering cherry tree.



That's right: snack bar. If this arboreal restaurant had a name, it would be Zzzzzzz-bzzzzzz. All those spectacular flowers=lots of yummy pollen=WAY more bees in one place than I have ever personally experienced before. When you stand in front of the tree, it looks like it's shimmering a little because it has these halos of bees swirling around it, made up of individuals dallying with the flowers. It look like dance, nuzzle, dance.


I watch from a respectful distance, of course :)

4 comments:

KARAN said...

I can almost smell that lilac thru the computer!! Ms Greenthumb now---I am impressed. Spring is awesome.

orneryswife said...

Lovely. Our spring flowers have passed, but yours are so pretty. Good thing you aren't in those bees' space. I don't think they'd be happy about sharing!
tm

Crystal Keilers, that's me. said...

Yea for pictures! Aren't Robin's eggs beautiful? And so are your lilacs and cherry tree, I bet the smell is divine.

Linda said...

I'm glad spring has come to your corner of the world! Enjoy the beauty and thanks for sharing it with us!