Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Grace: Gimme more, Lord

Dang. Getting PRACTICE (I don't call it "lessons" anymore) to grow my patience and grace every moment in my work, it seems. Gonna look like Stretch Armstrong by the end of 2010.

Dying to self. Dying to self. Dying to self.

Feels like this crazy combination of God putting me in situations to care about things it's hard to naturally care about (or that I don't think I should HAVE to care about), and letting things go that my heart naturally gravitates toward. Nothing on the compass that God is using on me at the moment feels natural. I don't LIKE IT!

There ya go, ye amongst you who demandeth Slusser posts. Not pretty right now!

3 comments:

Linda said...

As one who demandeth, let me stand and cheer at tje amazing art work in process as God makes you even more beautiful than you already are. He is creating one of his favorite masterpieces--one He takes incredible pride in--one which demands stretching, sacrifice, denial of self, practice... I don't think you'll look like Stretch Armstrong but God's perfected favorite Kathie!

Kathie said...

Linda, you made me laugh out loud, which is well worth posting for!

So unabashedly she types, "As one who demandeth..." Tee hee hee! Love you!

And thank you for your words of encouragement that I can turn out more beautiful...I need that hope today something serious.

Crystal Keilers, that's me. said...

"I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds." John 12:24

That scripture has been the theme of this dying season for me too. And it's been a lloonnngggggggg season. But I think it's in the dying that He adds wisdom to us, don't you? (Sorry I'm not more of a comfort to you;).