Sunday, July 08, 2007

All Over the Place

As in, that's where my brain is. Yet, magically, it is also nowhere, and terrifyingly empty. I think I am the most emotionally spent and brain dead I have ever been. I would elaborate, but I think you see the issue at hand--I can't hold two thoughts together in my wee noggin.

So, after putting together a chapel presentation about the Kenya/Uganda trip for work tomorrow, I rewarded myself by searching for stupid things in YouTube--all of the Tiny Toon, Animaniacs, Muppets, and Sesame Street nature. That's right--now you're getting the picture of what my insect-repellent, too-many-airplane-rides, don't-know-what's-next-for-Tony-and-me addled brain can handle.

In honor of Miss Liann, who among many others, has had to do way too much listening to me lately, I present one of her favs--"C is for Cookie". Indeed it is.



Has anyone else always admired how Cookie Monster chows the cookies? Makes me happy somehow.

Okay, I can't think, but I can copy things from notes I made while on the trip. Wanna know what was playing in the Nairobi Airport while I was waiting to fly to Entebbe, Uganda to see Tony? Of course--Linda Ronstadt. Blue Bayou all the way, baby. Followed by John Denver, Kenny Rogers, and Dolly Parton. It was the all-country channel lifting our spirits there in toasty Kenya. And nothing lifts my spirits like Dolly belting out Jolene. Still, nice and benign. I can hack that.

Of course, on the way out of Nairobi, heading home to the States, after saying goodbye to Tony, what was playing in the airport?

Love songs. Nothing but 80's love songs. Just when I need Kenny and The Gambler, I get Phil Collins and Separate Lives. Ouch.

In honor of the love song pain, here is Richard Jeni, doing the oft-Slusser-quoted love song bit. It makes us laugh, but be warned: there are few mild expletives and a bit of rudeness. Not for the kiddies.

3 comments:

Marshall said...

Now I've got "You have no riiiiiight....to ask me how I feel..." going through my head.

Wait, so you're saying that looking up Muppets on YouTube is a sign of some kind of mental abnormality? Cuz I look those up all...the time...ummm...yeah...

Maybe I should just put the lime in the coconut and call my doctor.

Chris Skaggs said...

Yo Kath, let me just slide in there and bear a little bit of that burden with ya. We mourn with those who mourn because misery loves company. ;)

Risa said...

Hi, Kath.
Sounds like it's time to come back to Oregon for a peaceful -or wild... your choice!- visit and a bunch of hugs!
Smooches,
Lisa