Monday, October 13, 2008

The Big Tired

So, so nappy. It's almost the end of an 11-day support-raising trip. I drive a bit tomorrow to meet a friend and supporter for coffee, then home, home, home to I-dee-ho. It's interesting to me now that when I am tired and ready to come off the road, it's Idaho I want. I think that's good progress after just 2 years ;)

For now, I am terribly well-tended to by friends in Sunnyvale, and should be watching "Young@Heart" soon. It's a documentary/movie about a senior citizen choir that sings rock music. If it's cool, should I buy it for Granny and Bud? I am pretty sure that my motorcycle ridin' grandparents should be able to rock out!

Anyway, please pray for my drive home tomorrow. This trip has been so full and busy (numerous MAF presentations and meetings/meals), and very blessed, but I am tired and I can't always turn my brain off at night, especially any night before I fly or drive, so I fully expect to be a bit short of sleep. I will leave at 6 AM to meet my friend, then I should be back on the road by about 8:30 AM, with 11 hours or so of driving to get home, sweet home. I appreciate any prayers!

And I highly recommend the Slater Residence for anyone passing through there. Sarah is a scrupmtious cook, Chris is an excellent barrista, their kids make me laugh and smile lots, there is always something interesting going on, and they are exceptionally kind and generous hosts. Blessings on the lot of you, Slaters, including new Knightley, who makes two things: lots of slobber and Sarah giggle. I would have had to being him home, too, once I saw her smile as she played with him :)

1 comment:

Chris said...

barristO, thank you.

Drive safe, Kathie. It was great having you here!