Friday, October 17, 2008

Eyeballs and Tootsie Rolls

I don't remember that my Lake Arrowhead eye doctor dilated my eyes every year during my annual exam...maybe he did. Anyway, my eye doctor in Boise certainly does! When will I learn to bring someone with me to drive me home? I stuck to the side streets so I wouldn't have to go fast on the freeway, and pondered how I would be able to convince any officer who pulled me over that I was not on some kind of drug. I made it home in one piece, praise God, but here is a shot of my eyes about 5 hours after they were originally dilated. Good heavens!


This would be my eyes back to normal this morning, thank goodness, and me showing off a gift I found on my desk yesterday afternoon!

Our president's executive assistant keeps the big Lifesaver mints on her desk all the time. But when I passed her desk on Wednesday, she had a bowl of little Snickers and Milky Ways and stuff...and Tootsie Rolls! I had to tell her that there are three things that are Kryptonite for me: brownies, doughnuts, Tootsie Rolls. I can't walk past them. Cookies can sit; I love pie but I can control myself. Those other three things have a gravitational pull that is ridiculous.

So what do I find on my desk yesterday afternoon? A Tootsie Roll car! With little people in it! The little orange guys remind me of the French Peas, Phillipe and Jean-Claude; I think these are their candy cousins. What a happy perk on my desk!

1 comment:

orneryswife said...

I hate that feeling of helplessness that pupil dilation brings. I used to have to do it all the time as a kid, but not much anymore. Thankfully!

CUTE little candy car! I think Ale will be making little candy trains for the ornament exchange I am hosting, I'll have to post some pix.
tm