Saturday, October 18, 2008

Thanks Before Night-Night

It was a good day here. It was a lonely day here. Good and lonely are not mutually exclusive. But, sometimes I find that the lonely makes knots in my stomach. I had some tonight.

God brought three phone calls. Friend, Mom, Friend. Each one so very necessary.

There was some sobbing between Friend and Mom. It was some of the good, releasing kind that I am always reluctant to do. Makes me lay my heart bare before God, lay down "my strength" (yeah, whatever, as if I have any...ha!). My friend makes me bare my heart. She never expects me to be more than I am, even when I expect it. I love her for it.

Mom is Mom. Oh, we need our mommies no matter how old we are, don't we? Mom is awesome. Mom shoots straight. Mom giggles with me. I love her for it.

Last friend call. Medicine I needed for my heart, but this medicine is better than medicine, so it must be joy. We laughed. She checked on me. She lights me up. I love her for it.

Thanks, God. You bring yourself in so many ways. You make phones ring. You pour out goodness on me. You break me down to build me up better than I was. And I love You for it.

2 comments:

orneryswife said...

You know, I had checked your blog faithfully for weeks to find nothing here. THEN I stop checking and you start posting and I am forever behind!

I love to read your stories. They are filled with such human-ness and keep it real. They make me want to meet your friends, live in your home, share your dining experiences, and shed tears with you.

I have missed you, and hope you are back for a while!
tm

Anonymous said...

Carmen says hello to! She woke us up this morning at 4 to pass her love to you! Even now, right this moment, she wants to say Hey! So, just know from this corner of the pasture, someone loves you!

LS