Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happy Dance!

Anyone who remembers our dog Scooter will likely recall his happy dances. If he thought he was getting food, he would do this crazy, scampery jig around the kitchen, his little nails click-clicking on the tiled floor. And his legs frequently almost splaying out from under him...both sad and funny.

I am doing a happy dance this morning! And, yes, I also do one when I think I am getting food, but this morning is for a different reason.

Remember the Smack post? I had booked my Christmas tickets in October for just over $400, thinking I was pretty smooth, then found fares later for the mid $300s. Well, this morning, I found new, even lower fares for the very same flights on the airline I had originally booked and was able to rebook at the lower price, saving over $80! Whoo-hoo! Happy dance, happy dance, happy dance! (In my head, that sentence sings like, "Humperdinck, Humperdinck, Humperdinck!" from The Princess Bride :) There's no clicky noise, though, 'cause I don't have puppy paws and I am in my carpeted cubicle at work...but it's still a happy dance!

I can't get a refund on the credit difference, but I can use it toward a later purchase, which of course I will do within the coming year. Thanks to a friend I had coffee with on Saturday who told me rebooking was worth looking into (she had seen prices dropping like crazy), and thanks God!

No comments: