Saturday, November 01, 2008

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

Elizabeth ought to recognize all the potential fun in that title immediately.

I received a happy little package in the mail a couple of weeks ago: DVDs that Daddy made from our vacation in Idaho this summer! Now, after learning how to convert the DVD format video into web-friendly video (Kathie does little happy dance here), I could show you the splashing around in the wading pool on my patio (Michael included) or fun experiments at the Discovery Center or amazing shots while miniature golfing or LOTS of playing ladder ball at our cousin's house in McCall...but, no. While fun-a-plenty, the best stuff is my sweet mom (who gave me permission to post these--yes, I asked!) watching television with her grandsons.

Why television watching, you say, as the recipient of the hilarity award from the summer plethora of fun? Because we watched Planet Earth, a fascinating series about animals and environments all over the planet, on it, under it, and around it. It really is an amazing series, and one I highly recommend. The boys LOVE the episode about caves and the unusual critters that dwell therein. They wanted to share that fun with Grandma.

Grandma turned out to be more fun to watch than the Planet Earth episode :)

For your enjoyment, I present four brief snippets of "Grandma Nancy Tries to Be Brave." And not scream. And hide behind a six-year-old. And not run away.

Trying to be brave...




Trying not to scream...




Hiding behind a six-year-old...




Trying not to run away...



Thanks Mom and Michael for letting me post these! They make me laugh every time! And I love listening to the boys using giant words in here. Mom, you are the best...and I am sure right now Liann is realizing that I get my toe-curling that she has teased me about for years from you...it makes us family :)

3 comments:

Michael Slusser said...

Actually, the funniest part about these videos is listening to you behind the camera giggling like a crazy person...

Corrina said...

Bahahahhahaha!!!!

Both Fex said...

BWaha! Loved the last one and that little tiny woman hiding behind her gigantic Viking offspring.

I've always thought of you being most like your father (giggling behind the camera, case in point), but I have seen you use every one of your mother's hand gestures and seen those expressions of hers on the front of your head. Genetics, funny stuff.

Where's the video where she turns green and then black and white checkered like Plucky Duck?