Wednesday, November 05, 2008

More Little Happies

I don't know what's up with the pictures and quotes thing from me at the moment. Just roll with it :) At least, that's what I am whispering to myself...


On earth there is no heaven, but there are pieces of it.
- Jules Renard


The poetry of the earth is never dead.
- John Keats


The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.
- Marcel Pagnol


I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
- Robert McCloskey, author of Blueberries for Sal (a favorite of someone I know!) and Make Way for Ducklings

1 comment:

orneryswife said...

I really liked the next to last one about hard to be happy because. It is so true! I'll work on that!
tm