Sunday, November 09, 2008

Mwa-ha-ha-ha!

Chris gave me hope! I dreamed something like a liquid fence might exist to keep generous, present-leaving dogs out of my yard. I had tried to internet search for such solutions, but my usual powers seemed muted.

A quick little stop this morning at my favorite, most helpful garden/pet store in this area yielded success! They had four different products to choose from...why did I wait so long?

And, Kathie, now home with her purchase, is doing her best Snidely Whiplash imitation...if I had a handlebar mustache, I'd be tweaking and twisting the ends right now...

I bought this stuff that is a type of pepper. How cool is that? You sprinkle it around, it lasts 90 days, and who knows, I may catch the evil little pooper running through the neighborhood sneezing his head off. Mwa-ha-ha-ha!

I feel a hunter's thrill akin to the kind I have seen on three generations of McCreery women when they talk about going after gophers and squirrels...ah, the thrill of the stealthy, stay-out-of-my-yard hunt!

Now, I just have to wait for the rain to go away and the lawn and flower beds to dry. Hrrmmm.

4 comments:

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

You are too cute!

Anonymous said...

If it is like the stuff in pepper spray it may not be the end wit the nose that the wee little doggies are dragging across the neighbors lawn MWA HA HA HA!

orneryswife said...

That really is annoying, isn't it? We don't have that much, but the people across the street do. One of our neighbors lets their shiatsu out every morning and it trots across the street to leave it's gift in the neighbor's yard.

Now, gophers, we do have. Rascally critters. Still no cure for those yet, I guess.

I really wish there was some cure for the barking dogs. Five houses' fences touch our back fence. Four of the houses have dogs, three of them have more than one dog. All of them bark. all. day. long. Wanna visit me in the asylum? :)
tm

Kathie said...

I'm so sorry you have such barky dogs, tm, but your post made me laugh! I am quite confident I'll be your neighbor in the asylum anyway ;)

And, Daddy...gross!