Sunday, January 25, 2009

It Cuts Both Ways

A compliment to me, but maybe not to Kari Jo, my cousin: Someone at the church where I spoke last weekend thought we were sisters, which is a very nice compliment to me; Kari is about 10 years my junior and red-headed and pretty much the cutest and fittest of us four grandkids on the Slusser side. We went to my Uncle Chris's house for lunch after the service and Mommy took a nice picture of us.


A compliment to Uncle Chris (Kari's dad), but maybe not to me: Someone else at the church thought my Uncle Chris, 19 years my senior, was my brother! My mom cracked up when I told her someone had said how nice it was that my brother went to the church; Mom said, "What a nice compliment!"

I said, "Yeah, for Uncle Chris! Hello!"



Sigh. I guess it doesn't matter in the big scheme. Uncle Chris is still my favorite uncle 38 years into the role, and Kari is my only cousin also in the "First-Born Over-Responsible Daughters Club" and has a brother just like mine (Those boys think we are bossy; can you imagine? Whatever!), so I'll keep 'em both :)

2 comments:

Michael Slusser said...

Maybe those folks had just seen pictures of you and I, and thought that I had a rough couple of years—Uncle Chris looks like the older version of me, after all.

And I highly resent the fact that you think Kari Jo is more fit and cute than I; c'mon now.

Kathie said...

You gotta at least admit she's the tiniest Slusser...it's like she freakily got Mom's metabolism or something...