Saturday, January 24, 2009

Snowshoeing!

I got to try snowshoeing for the first time the weekend after New Year's. I went with with Miss Danielle and Miss Karin (her first time, too). Mommy asked me the other day where the pictures were...voilĂ !

Karin, Kathie, Danielle. (Yes, Karin and Kathie work much better with poles as they snowshoe. Danielle has had years of ballet training; even when she would lose her balance for an instant, watching her regain it was a moment of graceful beauty...sheesh!)


How fun is it to have a friend who has the grace, gentle sweetness, and lithe build of Audrey Hepburn? I told Danielle one day that's who she reminds me of; she got all shy and giggled, just like I bet Audrey would :)


We hiked on Deer Creek Road, off Highway 21, on the way to Idaho City. The snow was a little crunchy by then, but it was such a gorgeous day to be outside!



I had a ball and was actually not too bad at staying vertical. Just to keep it real, though, and in the continuing tradition of all my Idaho outdoor activities to date, I fell on some ice and got a lovely bruise on one knee. It was, however, smaller than the previous two bruises from tubing the Boise River, so whoo hoo!

2 comments:

orneryswife said...

I got cold (er) just looking at those pictures. Looks like a fun and invigorating activity, though!
tm

Linda said...

Wow--it is beautiful! I can imagine how much fun the 3 of you had. Enjoy the rest of your winter...spring is coming!